Wednesday, August 23

French Kicks

The blog Bricolage Fantasy has posted a massive French Kicks sampler... here.

Tracks posted:
"So Far We Are"
"Also Ran"
"One More Time"
"Following Waves"
"When You Heard You"
"Crying Just For Show"
"Young Lawyer"
"So Many Cakes"

NOTE: I don't think I would (a) call the French Kicks a punk rock band (but hey that's just me) or (b) compare them to the Pixies... *cough* Strokes *cough*... (well ok, maybe "Young Lawyer").

Myspace page is here.
Startime International page is here.
Emusic page is here.

French Kicks

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

lol.

people has been ranting about me trying to describe a band using other band. I have no idea why suddenly people got so interested in this aspect. I've been doing it for a good while. But the sudden interest really is fun.

1. I usually read what the band has to say about themselves. so if they say they are inflenced by Mozart and sound kinda like mozart. I have no qualm printing it... hey who am I to argue.

2. I don't think it's possible to have younger/more recent band influencing older band. The time fram has to match.

3. admitedly, I do have to justify my comparison more... :D people don't buy band's own description I suppose. heh...

PS. nice blog.

8/23/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger bob reich said...

Hey squashed...

Thanks for the comment.

Re: my Strokes comparison

I used the Strokes simply cuz I thought people probably have heard them. Kinda of like if (and this is a big if) The Clash were an unknown band, and I was trying to describe them, and I said they sounded like, say, Rancid.

Re: "people don't buy band's own description"

You got me there. I had not heard that. But I guess I don't.

8/23/2006 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home