Sunday, April 13

(I'm A) Don Juan By The Embarrassment

So I'm like twenty so odd years late getting into The Embarrassment, but take a listen to the song below. They were way (way) ahead of their time. If I were to write that they were the latest band from say Brooklyn or Philly, would you really question such a statement? I just want to thank the dude/dudette... person that wrote the last.fm description for Oxford Collapse which is where I first remember reading about them. Speaking of Oxford Collapse, have you check out their Daytrotter session? But wait back to The Embarrassment...

Downloadable: "(I'm A) Don Juan" (box.net mp3)

My Pal God BONUS: "Faith Healer (Live)" (mp3)

Myspace page is here.
Bar None page is here.
My Pal God Records page is here.
Wiki Wiki Wiki here.
Emusic page is here.
Purchase heyday 1979-83 on iTunes... here.

Consider Clicking
- Head over to Sixeyes to get a rip of Spoon performing "Don't Make Me A Target" (totally different archive.org mp3) live on Sound Opinions, plus the rest of the Sunday Mix, plus some Feist... here.

- Q: A noisy/experimental blend of indie rock and folk? A: Sleeping States. Listen: "River (Edit)" (mp3). Daytrotter session is here.

The Embarrassment

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Legs said...

hey i wrote a blurb for the nypress about OC! i can't remember if it actually got published or not. anyway did you know they liked the Embarrassment so much they tried to get a guy from the band to record them? but he said they didn't have enough money. alas!

4/14/2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger bob reich said...

Did not know that. I knew OC covered "Celebrity Art Party" (mp3). Money.

4/14/2008 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home