Crimewave (Crystal Castles vs. David Wolf) by Health
A: No? Then read this statement from Health:
“This is not your typical remix album.... Every artist on the record was hand selected and contacted by us with the hope of combining our sounds and musical ideas with those of electronic artists we admire, several of them doing remixes for the first time. It is not about market saturation or crossover appeal. It is purely about the music, and we are proud of it. This is an album, and meant to be listened to as one. The goal of this record is not only to present all these songs at once, but also to ensure that they are not forgotten in the constantly updating, content hungry internet music world.”
Intrigued? I know I would be.
Listen: "Crimewave (Crystal Castles vs. David Wolf)" (box.net mp3)
Compare with the original: "Crimewave" (fanatic mp3)
David Wolf is here.
Crystal Castles are here.
Listen: "Tabloid Sores (Nosajthing Remix)" (box.net mp3)
Compare with the original: "Tabloid Sores" (box.net mp3)
Nosajthing is here.
Myspace page is here.
LOVEPUMP Records is here.
HEALTH//DISCO project page is here.
HEALTH//DISCO is misfiled at eMusic... here.
eMusic page is here.
Enhanced CD version is here.
- Obits have a muxtape and, well, it rocks. Listen to it here.
- Check out CAPTAIN’S DEAD GUIDE TO RECORDS FOR THE SUMMER OF 08, PART TWO which features The Thermals, Jawbreaker, and The Drive-By Truckers among others... here.
- Checkout some streams of "Wordless" Music @ WNYC (props to thepunkguy)... here.
- Holy Crap! Watch Jon Spencer hump a theremin in front of children ("Won't somebody please think of the children!!")... here (thanks to Aquarium Drunkard).
- There's more to the Vivian Girls than a mere Darger reference. Find out more @ Gorilla Vs. Bear... here.
- Hey tinkerer... build a new PC for $150 (no keyboard, mouse, monitor, or OS included) @ WIRED howto wiki... here.