Tuesday, August 19

Music To Write With


That's a video of Peacock's Penny Arcade, a rock band staffed by writers, playing at the PEN World Voices Festival this year.

My other blogging job is writing about writing, so I'm always looking for music to write with.

That's how I found singer Willy Vlautin (of Richmond Fontaine), who is also the author of the dark road novel, The Motel Life. You can see my interview with him at this link.

And for the folks who want music by straight-up musicians, here are two tracks that caught my attention yesterday...

Check out Deleon's new tune, Be Still Angelino. It's Mars Volta meets Spanish folk music, and kept me happy all day at work. Find them at JDub Records. (Track via IGIF)

And, most importantly, A Limerick Ox spots a new Okkervil River track, Lost Coastlines. Go to the band's website for a music video and much, much more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home