All Remote And No Control By Eric Avery
Some brief bio deets: Eric Avery is probably best know as the bassist for Jane's Addiction. After Jane's, along with Dave Navarro he recorded the Deconstruction album (which is freaking amazing... get it used here). Since then he has worked with Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, and (gulp) Alanis Morissette. He tried out for Metallica (but wasn't picked), and was invited to join Tool (but declined). He also had his own band for a while (from 1995-2000), Polar Bear.
Now, he has a solo album entitled Help Wanted. It will be released on April 8th.
"Jig" (box.net mp3) by Polar Bear
"Untitled (Demo)" (box.net mp3) by Deconstruction
(source: some divers whistle)
Myspace page is here.
Dangerbird Records page is here.
Eric Avery's blog is here.
Preorder Help Wanted here.
- HOLY FUCK! (and I ain't talking about Canadian postrock) Le Loup are amazing live. See them. Maybe tonight? Listen: "We Are Gods! We Are Wolves!" (mp3). NOTE: they are less blippy and more swirly/wall of noise when they play live.
- The Walkmen record some Leonard Cohen covers for Daytrotter... here.
- VIDS VIDS VIDS: (1) Watch Yo La Tengo, Mika Miko, and Atlas Sound in Other Music's All Roads Lead to Austin best of... here. UPDATE: Watch Part 2 and Part 3. (2) Watch No Age interview each other AOL-style... here.
- So Of Montreal's Kevin Barnes and MGMT's Andrew VanWyngarden ARE Blikk Fang (not blikkfang), but those purevolume tracks are NOT album material and not album for a while, ok. This purevolume mp3 sounds a bit (just a bit) like Atom to me: "Nupital Eagles Sharpened (Misfits Cover with name changed to sound like an Of Montreal song title)" (box.net mp3)
- Listen to Blood On The Wall: "Lightning Song" (mp3)
- Chromewaves recaps some SXSW for you in sound and video... here and here and here and here.
- And thepunkguy loves a song that is 12 fucking minutes long and has no fucking climax... here. Me too.