Sunday, January 6

12 Pretty Awesome Mp3s From 2007

So, I realized there were some mp3s that didn't quite make the t11mp3twnfe2007 or the 47 Best Downloadables Of 2007 that helped make 2007 pretty awesome. I share them with you now in no particular order:

"Coffee (Featuring John Darnielle)" (mp3) by Aesop Rock
Comment: "This is what they make you take the medication for." Pretty Awesome.

"D.A.N.C.E. (Tittsworth Remix)" (box.net mp3) by Justice
Comment: I can't believe I forgot this song, and Tittsworth remix is probably my favorite version of it. Pretty Awesome.

"Heatherwood (Daytrotter Session)" (box.net mp3) by Deerhunter
Comment: I can't emphasize this enough... Daytrotter is awesome, Pretty Awesome.

"Ex-Guru" (mp3) by Fiery Furnaces
Comment: Sans-Grandma the Furnaces rock out. Pretty Awesome.

"Need Your Needs" (mp3 with a crappy bitrate) by Georgie James
Comments: Probably not what you expected from the breakup of Q And Not U, this track was not included in earlier posts due to a truly shitty bitrate... 64! It's still really good. So listen to it, then buy Places to hear it without that tinny funk. Pretty Awesome.

"Sickos" (box.net mp3) by Harlem Shakes
Comment: I totally forgot how catchy this song was. I also forgot that it was... Pretty Awesome.

"2080" (box.net mp3) by Yeasayer
Comment: indie rock + world music = Pretty Awesome.

"To Live And Die In The Airport Lounge" (mp3) My Teenage Stride
Comment: This should take you back to Jan/Feb of 2007. Pretty Awesome.

"Bird Flu" (box.net mp3) by M.I.A.
Comment: Forget "Paper Planes"... "Bird Flu" is the M.I.A. track that I connected with this past year. Pretty Awesome.

"A Sunday Smile" (mp3) by Beirut
Comment: 2007... Year Of The Take Away Shows! Watch "A Sunday Smile" (take away show). Pretty Awesome.

"The Crystal Cat" (box.net mp3) by Dan Deacon
Comment: Is it wrong that I wish the dude would just get up on a stage? Still... Pretty Awesome.

"Lovely Weather" (mp3) by The Vandelles
Comment: Some may remember 2007 as the year of the return of the shoegaze, and the Vandelles do it so well. Pretty Awesome.

12 Pretty Awesome Mp3s From 2007

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that post was...pretty awesome!

1/11/2008 3:33 PM  
Blogger bob reich said...

I think the word awesome is awesome.

1/23/2008 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home